The Trust is looking for individuals to volunteer at our new Herbarium at the Haarwegskloof Renosterveld Reserve, situated close to Ouplaas, in the Overberg. We’re looking for Renosterveld enthusiasts, who want to learn more about Renosterveld and support the Overberg Renosterveld Conservation Trust.
Here are the conditions for this work:
– Please take note: the work is UNPAID;
– You will however receive free accommodation at the Haarwegskloof Research Centre;
– You will need to bring your own bedding and food;
– The work involves the meticulous mounting of herbarium specimens (pressed plants) onto cards, as per the training which you will receive;
– We will ask you to be available for training for a few days (early December) before you start the work;
– Ideally, work will start in December, for as long as you are willing and able.
Come enjoy some quiet work in a peaceful environment on our beautiful reserve, while you contribute to creating the only Renosterveld Herbarium on Earth. The idea is that we eventually have a representative specimen of every plant found in the Overberg’s Renosterveld. It is up to you how much time you would like to spend assisting us with this project. While the work is unpaid, volunteers will receive a small gift pack from the ORCT and we will cover your fuel costs for travelling to Haarwegskloof.
If this could be you, please contact Dr Odette Curtis-Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23 November.